Cold season is among us and before you tell your mate “No, I’m sick” you should know that a good “backshot” or a sweet romantic lovemaking session can actually make you feel better. I know the most common response to a romantic gesture is to decline your partner and yourself a moment of pleasure. But, you might want to think twice before you decline. I know it’s hard to feel your sexiest, with a runny nose. However, sex is a natural antihistamine. It can even help combat hayfever and asthma.
With researchers looking for the best ways to soothe the symptoms of a cold, it turns out that sex will not only make the sick partner feel better, but will also make the well partner feel better too! Now, I have to be completely honest, sex may not CURE the common cold, but here are 10 real reasons that engaging in sex will EASE your cold symptoms!
- The movement of sex creates a rocking or shaking motion similar to a massage technique that reduces edema, increases lymphatic drainage, breaks up chest congestion, and releases tension in the muscles.
- The sensation of touch increases emotional well-being, so a person feels positive, loved and secure counteracting the down or depressed feelings often associated with feeling sick.
- An orgasm increases endorphins which make the sick person feel better.
- Sexual activity increases muscles tension and sexual activity ending in orgasm allows overall muscle release which results in a deeper more restful sleep afterwards.
- Deeper thrusting simulates another massage technique called cupping which breaks up chest congestion and stimulates coughing.
- Often a fever is associated with cold symptoms; therefore, being close to another human being’s body helps the sick person feel warm.
- Having sex consistently wards of illness; therefore having sex during illness may counteract the duration of the cold by boosting your immunity!
- Having sex decreases blood pressure which is good a person’s overall health.
- Sex, a form of exercise, releases toxins from the muscles.
- Panting or breathing heavy during sex dries the mouth which increases the likelihood the sick person will ingest more fluids.